Simply ME

This is a non-egotist's attempt to be otherwise. This is my personal blog and all the postings made here are my personal views.

Friday, September 22, 2006

THE END- an ode to my period of bliss!!!

My mom n sis r back, marking a fullstop to my brief period of bliss. As promised i m gonna rate how i fared in my litmus test.(c my prev posts)

First of all staying alone in Chennai is not really like staying alone in Gurgaon or in Vizag or in ne of the other places that i hav lived,simply bcoz my family(or a part of it) has been staying here for 10 years now. n almost everybody knows me.

My colony is like my extended family.wanna proof?????
these r the sample queries that I was bombarded with in the mornings, jus when i was literally counting every passing sec lest I did miss my 9:07 BEACH(FAST) EMU.

yenna aachu neth light romba nerama eranjuta irundatha? (wat happnd, the light was on for a long time?)
:when was it off?? ( i m of the habit of sleeping late in the night, or rather early in the morning, say 1 am n my sis likes getting up early (say 3-4), so practically the lights r always ON.

whom were u talking with y'day night in the balcony o’er the phone.
:hell man, most of my hours in the house r spent talking to my mom r o’er the phone, that is when i m not reading or watching TV (ok sorry!!! i realized i don talk that much)

what were u doing in the terrace y'day night?
: i njoi strolling in the terrace or swinging in my balcony n thats what i do even when my mom’s around.

why didnt u buy milk y'day? u r not taking care of ur health.
: cmon u expect me to finish 1litre of milk in a day, when i m there only @night.

wat happnd u r not eating well. When ur mom returns she will remark that “u hav lost ur wt;-(”
:acc to my mom, I m perennially losing weight

I noticed u were late/early from the office yday.
: kindly define whats early n whats late n what do u call correct time.

oh y'day u washed ur clothes…. u went for shopping ?? were u @ ur fren’s place??what did u have for b'fast?? …. N the list goes on.
To b v frank i didnt have to step into kitchen for more than 4-5 days. For all the other days my generous Aunties were there to take care of that dept.
I was so confused to c so many utensils in my house that one day i ventured to return all of it with my kai vannam, but unfortunately (fortunately) 2 of my fav aunties had gone out 4 the weekend. So they cldnt taste my dishes, but the rest did n I m not saying nethig further

Now I m forced to wonder was I really alone???? (but touch wood I m blessed to hv such a wonderful extended family).

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home