Simply ME

This is a non-egotist's attempt to be otherwise. This is my personal blog and all the postings made here are my personal views.

Friday, August 11, 2006

Fare Unfair

I was surprised to find that IIM-A has included a case study "Lalu Prasad and his Railway ministry".
reason: the turnaround of Indian Railways from a bankrupt organization to one having a surplus fund of 20,000 crore within a span of 3 years.

Now I am not going to do a propaganda for the railways n talk abt the steps that brought abt this transformation.just wanted to share couple of my observations.

During the first weekend of this month, I traveled to tuticorin to visit my sister.
The train: aptly named as " Pearl City express" (Tuticorin is known for its pearls).

It has been recently clubbed under the super-fast class of trains. This resulted in the fare of the train to be increased by10 Rs. But with no change in the train journey time!!!!

What was even more baffling was that,while I was booking for my return journey the ticket cost me further 10 Rs. more.
logic: From now onwards if u are to book a ticket for a journey from point A to point B, from anywhere other than point A the ticket is gonna cost u more.
Now kindly tell me what's the all hullah about "computerisation of train ticketing". May be networking by wires have no affect on networking by tracks.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home