Simply ME

This is a non-egotist's attempt to be otherwise. This is my personal blog and all the postings made here are my personal views.

Friday, September 01, 2006

A clear definition

I live in an apartment n my flat is close to the play area (or rather plainly open area). As with many colonies, we have a sizable population of kids, but mind u, they r a bunch of the smartest in their age-group.
While they r there in the apartment, most of their waking hours r spent in this play area. They play, do their home-works, study, dance, sing, eat, fight, discuss(sometimes even politics) n god knows what not in this adda of theirs.

Now if I had to ask u to define algebra. What wld u say?
Chances r there u wld start with
well…..,/
it is nothing but….,/
hmmm.. ,/
its…..,/
or even simply “algebra is a branch of maths”

This is what a 7th std girl had to say without any hesitation to a 6th std boy who was inquiring abt Algebra ( I guess his next chapter in Maths happens to be algebra):

numbers la vidukathai sozhrathuthan algebra” (tamil) –translates to
“riddles in numbers is algebra
how v true!!!
I was highly impressed by this plain, no- nonsense definition.

1 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home