Simply ME

This is a non-egotist's attempt to be otherwise. This is my personal blog and all the postings made here are my personal views.

Monday, August 28, 2006

India Simplifly

“Fly for Rs 3” – screamed an ad in last Tuesday paper marking the 3rd anniversary of the launch of Air Deccan. In the past , I have been fooled by many such ads by diff low cost airlines only to find myself doing an added 100-150 Rs service to Airtel and just hopping that “the customer service personnel will join me pretty shortly”.The cheapest fare that I have managed till date is Rs 1500 for a Chennai-Delhi GO-Air flight, which in itself is quite a good deal.

So I was quite skeptical about this offer. I was in a hurry on Tuesday morning, so I checked the site in office( feeling quite sure that the travel agents wld have made the most of the offer) ,n found the Rs 3 ticket avbl!! But unfortunately their server was down so I cldn book it online n I was not ready to call them, so I jus gave up.

While returning home in suburban train, I just dialed once n lo, I get connected n the customer service personnel is indeed speaking to me. It took me a while to recollect the date I intended to book for. When all the formalities got o’er, usually the chap at the other end asks for the return journey details also, but this time arnd he hung up.

So for the next 1 hour, I again ended up doing whatever possible service I cld do to the telecom service providers. Next day morning, “while I was sleeping” my mom called up n after a mere 10 minute ordeal she booked another Rs 3 return ticket.

So now my mom is a proud owner of two Rs. 3 ticket (plus Rs.875 tax for each ticket) for a journey to Delhi she is gonna make next year Jan!!!!

Jokes apart, “Thank U Air Deccan” for making air travel so v normal n affordable to the la R.K.Laxman’s “comman man”.

2 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home